By Mariah Leach, Contributing Writer
We all love an easy, quick, and delicious fruit smoothie! But what if we told you this one could help boost your breastfeeding milk supply? If you are a new mama or a mama with milk-supply issues, try this simple recipe.
Some of the best-supporting herbs that may help your milk supply are red raspberry leaf, fennel, alfalfa, blessed thistle, and marshmallow root. You can add any of these herbs to your fruit smoothie. Also, give yourself grace; it may take some trial and error to figure out exactly what your body needs.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (add more or less depending on preference)
- 1 tsp of ground chia or flax seeds
- 1 full dropper of Mama’s Magic Milk Boost herbal tincture or 2 to 3 of the mentioned herbs above (powdered or fresh), add one tsp of each herb
- Optional add in- ½ cup of spinach or kale
Step 1: Add all of your ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Step 2: You can freeze your bananas and strawberries ahead of time if you want. If not, just add ice in with the fresh fruit.
Step 3: Serve immediately and enjoy!
There’s nothing better than a yummy and nourishing fruit smoothie. We hope this helps you a little in your breastfeeding and journey of motherhood!