Image by ViaMoi
Raw honey has always been a favorite for me. I grew up chewing on honeycomb with my grandfather as a special treat. Did you know there is a usually a major difference in raw honey and that stuff you can buy at the store? Raw honey is not pasteurized allowing it to keep all those healthy benefits you hear about. When honey is pasteurized it is heated to a point that kills off everything – even the benefits. If you buy your honey from the local grocery store you will likely be shocked when you read the label.
Raw honey has health benefits?
Like you wouldn”t believe – it”s not called “liquid gold” for no reason. It contains natural enzymes, antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins! Raw honey contains world of warcraft gold bee pollen, which has many benefits of it”s own, the most known being allergy relief. On top of all this it is also anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral.
The many benefits of raw honey
- First Aid – It can help ease pain and prevent infections
- Energy boost – Honey has been known to boost energy and endurance
- Sunburn – Helps to sooth the pain and heal the skin
- Cold – Honey works wonders on a sore throat and helps to stop coughing.
- Digestive problems – Can naturally ease indigestion and constipation, especially mixed with apple cider vinegar.
- Antibacterial – It”s antibacterial properties allow best online casino it naturally prevent infection by preventing the growth the bacteria.
- Immune boosting – Works to boost the immune system – works well in Elderberry Syrup.
- Sleep aid – Adding honey before bed helps boost melatonin in the brain which is necessary for deep sleep.
- Acne – Honey is known to help acne as a spot treatment.
But where can I find it?
Locally! The best way for you to get raw honey is to buy it locally – that way you get all the benefits for it being harvested from your environment. To find a local farm try searching The Honey Locator (That”s how I found the farm I buy from). You can also check your local farmers market. Often if there is a farm near you they will be there to sell their product.
Different locations will likely carry different different types – each with different flavors so be sure you know what you are getting. Some are far sweeter than others.
**Remember honey is not recommended for children under 1 year of age.