By Daja Gombojav, Contributing Writer
Have you started oil pulling yet? It’s one of the best things you can do for your oral hygiene. And it really couldn’t be easier. Or could it…. (If you’re confused, check out our primer on oil pulling first. Then, we might just have an even better solution for you, oil pulling tablets!)
Don’t Let This Happen To You
Has this ever happened in your house: the kids grab a spoon and the coconut oil to oil pull….and dig around in it….maybe without the cleanest of hands? Or, it’s the middle of summer and so the coconut oil is liquid. And so someone goes to oil pull and you end up having to clean the floor?
Ah, good times. Good times.
Here’s a solution that is not only simple to do, it adds an additional element of healthfulness to the already phenomenal practice of oil pulling!
Introducing….DIY oil pulling tablets. And the DIY is super simple.
DIY Oil Pulling Tablets
What you need:
- Coconut oil
- Essential oils (I like clove and fennel. But, you could also use something like peppermint or tea tree oil if you’d like.)
- Silicone molds
What to do:
- In a small pot melt your coconut oil (unless it’s hot at your house, as it is mine, and your coconut oil is already liquid).
- Pour your coconut oil into the silicone molds. Add one drop of essential oil to each little well.
- Cool. (You may need to do this in the refrigerator.)
- Once they are completely hardened, pop them out and keep them in a jar.
What’s great about these is that they make oil pulling on the go, so easy! If you are hitting the road on vacation, going camping, or taking a flight, this means you can take your healthy routines with you! Plus, if you are not allowed toothpaste on the plane, you can have oil pulling tablets, because they are completely solid. #winning