By Contributing Writer, Jodie
Essential Oils Are a Powerful Vehicle to Balance Emotions in Children.
It is not just adults that carry emotional baggage it is children that often suffer silently with a great weight on them. Essential oils can help support and release negative patterns permanently. From severe emotional trauma to day to day struggles in school; we have the ability to understand and access many natural remedies that support emotional health and well-being.
What Are Emotions?
Emotions are simply a fear based survival response, and our ego protects us from harm. And think of the ego as a big emotional computer that stores all the data of our personal experiences from our entire life, even as a baby. Those experiences, positive and negative become stamped into our DNA where they sit either causing harm or being released permanently allowing space for healing from emotional wounds.
1. The emotional that gets generated during the emotional trauma enters the body and, if it is not released, gets stored in an organ or gland with the same vibrational energy. For example, anger is stored in the liver.
2. The memory of the trauma gets stored in the limbic system of the brain, which is the seat of our emotions.
3. Our minds create a belief and attach it to the emotional memory stored in the limbic system of the brain.
4. The emotional response to the trauma gets stored in the cellular memory throughout the body and becomes automatic.
How Do Essential Oils Help Access Emotions?
1. The molecules of Essential Oils are small enough to circulate through human tissue bringing nutrients to the cells and carry waste and toxins out of the cells.
2. Essential oils also carry electrons and oxygen into human tissue.
3. Essential oils carry coded information that can be translated by cellular DNA and which can be of great therapeutic benefit to people – physical, mental, and emotional.
4. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of different compounds found in EO molecules each with an affinity for certain cells of the human body.
5. Molecules of Essential Oils are like enzymes, hormones, vitamins, and ligands. They carry information that is pertinent only to the cells with the receptor sites able to accept that specific ligand or molecule.
6. Hence, some oil molecules gravitate to muscle tissue, others to nerves, others still to the digestive system, and others to the heart, etc., each administering benefits, including the removal of toxins and the opening of emotionally stored memory in the DNA.
7. Not only can oils help release cellular memories stored anywhere in the body, depending on the oils applied, they also directly stimulate the limbic system or emotional brain, which is in the center of our heads.
8. Our eyes, ears, tongue, and sense of touch are all wired so that their messages pass to the brain via the reasoning cortex first. The nose, however, is wired differently. It connects directly with the limbic brain such that one’s response to an aroma is going to be emotional before it can be rational.
9. Therefore, because inhaled oils directly affect the emotional seat in our brains where traumatic memories are often stored and because oils can release cellular memories stored anywhere in the body, they can be of great value in helping us clear ourselves from the unconscious, hidden emotional patterns that can control our lives and hold us back from the full manifestation of our potential.
Children Need Lots of Emotional Balancing
We all know that parents are the ones who feel they need the majority of “emotional oils” but what about our children who, as early as infancy, begin to code their own cells with emotional patterns?
A very simple way to use oils for emotional release on infants and beyond is to inhale by either diffusion, deep inhalation from the palms or having an actual emotional release session with a trained aromatherapist. I personally feel incredible after I assist someone in moving past emotional blocks to move toward achieving their potential.
For Fear: Sandalwood, Roman Chamomile, Cypress, Vetiver, Lemon, Bergamot, Orange, Cedarwood, Neroli, Basil, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Lavender.
For Anxiety: Bergamot, Lavender, Neroli, Rose, Melissa, Geranium, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Juniper, Roman Chamomile.
Focus in School
Cedarwood, vetiver, lavender, bergamot, black spruce, frankincense.
Sleep Issues/Night Terrors
Lavender, Mandarin, Blue Tansy, Clary Sage, Marjoram, Vetiver, Chamomile Roman, Sandalwood, Lemon.
Friends and Family Connections
Frankincense, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Rose of Sharon, Bergamot, Rose, Black Spruce.
This is a biggie. Babies, toddlers and children who have been abused either emotionally physically experience the same mental trauma a soldier does in battle. It can be crippling both in their ability to create and maintain relationships, but also their health. As we know emotional state directly impacts the vibrancy of your body, blood, brain and more.
For Stress: Bergamot, Roman Chamomile, Frankincense, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Marjoram, Melissa, Neroli, Rose, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Clary Sage, Ylang Ylang.
For Depression: Mandarin, Roman Chamomile, Lemon, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Orange, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Rose, Neroli, Geranium, Petitgrain, Helichrysum, Sandalwood, Clary Sage, Marjoram, Lavender, Frankincense.
As a family we have seen amazing success in using some simple emotional clearing practices on our children. It has supported our recovery from autism, night terrors, fear of school and new surroundings and also attachment and “feeling” toward us. We are blown away that essential oils can do just that!
What Do You Struggle With in Regards to Emotional Patterns Either in Your Children or Yourself?